Already a Member?

do you believe that compromise means to give up?

# 1  01/10/2013 11:40

of course all of us want to please and make our partner happy and the key is about doing 'what is best for the the individuals' and being able to act as a 'couple'.
do you believe that compromise means to give up and lose something? or is it simply an adjustment that brings about a harmony that works when it's in balance?

your thoughts?

Give kudos

# 2  01/10/2013 13:00

Beautiful-life wrote:

of course all of us want to please and make our partner happy and the key is about doing 'what is best for the the individuals' and being able to act as a 'couple'.
do you believe that compromise means to give up and lose something? or is it simply an adjustment that brings about a harmony that works when it's in balance?

your thoughts?

Its a good question.  I am willing to say take a back seat to say my partners kids... because simply children demand attention... I'm willing to compromise when it comes to my partner's weaknesses and ailments.  What I find unfair is when its not being reciprocated and the partner turns something that they may need to compromise on into a fiasco that becomes the be all and end all of the relationship.  Compromise works both ways.

# 3  01/10/2013 14:34

The question is that do you consider as compromise? If nothing gets done it is more a loss not a compromise...

# 4  02/10/2013 10:28

Here is the point: every relationship requires some kind of compromise which needs to be made. in order to get a little you have to give a little for nothing in life is 100%. But if you are the one constantly doing all the compromising then I would have to say that there is a problem there.

# 5  17/10/2013 08:26

do you agree with this: unless there's a gun held to our head, we have a choice. it takes a really strong person to NOT go where someone else leads?