Already a Member?

Sleeping together on the first date

# 26  22/11/2012 13:59

amysjourney wrote:

QUESTION FOR MEN!   Does sleeping together on the first date ruin any chance it will develop into a serious relationship?
Guy meets girl. Guy likes girl. (Or maybe guy doesn’t even know her that well and merely thinks girl is kind of hot). No matter what the circumstances, the next step is pretty much always a given: Guy tries to have sex with girl.
What, in your mind, is an appropriate amount of time for two people to be dating before sleeping together?

Looooool! well, it all depends; the date may have started online like this, after a looooooong and many chats, you meet somewhere, she comes to your house or you go to her house. You may not want it on the first day but she wants it. If u say no, she may say you don't have strong feelings for her or there is no chemistry between you. If you want it and she doesn't, she will say you are too forward.
I will say; keep the fire burning if it gets too hot, give some sweet kisses and some hot romance, then hang it there and wait for the exploration day; the longer, the harder, the sweeter. mmmmmm! Body and heart on the flow.

# 27  23/11/2012 23:52

Probably not preferable to sleep with a guy on the first date, but there are exceptions, very few, only about 1 or 2. Mostly the guy just sees it as a free meal unfortunately.

# 28  08/12/2012 17:27

amysrney wrote:

QUESTION FOR MEN!   Does sleeping together on the first date ruin any chance it will develop into a serious relationship?
Guy meets girl. Guy likes girl. (Or maybe guy doesn’t even know her that well and merely thinks girl is kind of hot). No matter what the circumstances, the next step is pretty much always a given: Guy tries to have sex with girl.
What, in your mind, is an appropriate amount of time for two people to be dating before sleeping together?

I may be old fashioned but if i met someone i would like them to have respect for themselves ,a woman does'nt have to sleep with me to win any kind of affection i admire a woman who takes her time in taking the bedroom step

# 29  10/12/2012 00:17

what the hell lets do it en try it,you lif 1 snbe respect full that all,and the day afther breackfast on bed

# 30  14/12/2012 12:02

amysjourney wrote:

There is no time frame if you fall for some one that is it there are no if's or but's about it and you thank your luckey stars that it has happened.   SEIX IS ONLY THE ICEING ON THE CAKE....I will never be the same again........

# 31  15/12/2012 07:14

amysjourney wrote:

# 32  15/12/2012 11:31

amysjourney wrote:

Well most of time it actually does and probably this is the most clear reason why.

If you have Sex on the first date and try to have a relation ship it is mostly all based on the sex at the beginning but after a while you start to know the other person better and better & Voila before you realise it completely. The person you though was nice is suddenly not really my type.

So my personal though of view about relations. I think patients is the key!  First just be friends with some1 and first check how long and how good the friendship will get. if it feels good well why not. Dont think like what i always see in those Stupid Movies they say it probably ruin the friendship. Very logical Not ! Whats the nicest way of having a relations that you actually need to be best friends if you want to grow old together right ?

hope it helps you a bit nice and good luck

# 33  03/01/2013 08:06

amysjourney wrote:

it should just occur naturally no pressure no force fullness but no i do not agree the first night call me old fashioned or what ever if it is meant to happen it will but you have to just let it happen and if you click then you and only you will know that so enjoy the company. i am old fashioned. some women just take advantage of you and say things to hurt you too even long term partners say these and are very cruel then you find it all true and realize that it is all true they just move straight into there boyfriends house that they had been seeing and could not give a F__K about any body else feelings terrying families apart in the process. so even long term can go wrong and you do not even know this is happening

# 34  25/01/2013 10:41

Personally i think there is no answer to that question. I have met women that i would have sex with anytime, because i just hit it off with them and i liked them. If there is no attraction then it aint going to happen on the 50th date either. The question for me is whether or not both of you are there to have a relationship or whether one or both of you are there to get laid. the respect part comes with or without sex if you have something to respect and if you want a relationship. It has little to do with sleeping together.

# 35  28/02/2013 23:19

amysjourney wrote:

Totally depends on mutual attraction, I've had dates that have turned into instant "can't wait to get our clothes off" sex, because that's all you can have then, relationships/love develops from those and subsequent date, getting to know each other. these relationships have usually lasted the longest for me because of that attraction and magnetism, whatever you want to call it, there's no awkward pauses, that's when I usually know it's not going to work.

Then again I've had 'slower' dates that have developed over a number of dates to full sex, but on thinking over this question I don't think they were as vibrant relationships.

Thirdly, there are many of us that just live for the 'Chase', whether we admit it or not, that massive adrenalin rush of expectancy and flirt stage at the beginning, there's just nothing like it when it happens, we end up either heavy flirting or full sex but the after effect is usually the same, it's a case of not reading to much further past this experience.

# 36  13/04/2013 21:18

amysjourney wrote:

For me, no I don't think sleeping with a girl on the first date ruins the chance of a relationship. I also don't think there is an appropriate amount of time before sleeping with each other. Why does anyone have to try and make rules to follow? It's a natural act so the right time is when both of you feel comfortable with it. One proviso is that I would make sure neither of us was drunk to cloud our judgement. Just go with the flow.

# 37  12/09/2013 20:04

1 week is enough to understand if the guy is good enough....unless he is the irresistable type (never happened to me though)

Not yet fabienne . . . not yet

(My god, you're everywhere aren't you?)

# 38  12/09/2013 20:24

I NEVER have sex on a first date. I want some time to know the whole person first. This makes for more respect and intimacy in my view.

I am, however, human.
If the attraction is so strong, I explain to the lady that although I am incredibly attracted to her, I want to get to know her better first.
Sometimes this is enough, and sometimes it's not, and they depart. On a couple of occasions they have contacted me after a few weeks and we've resumed our new friendship, which was more relaxed and genuine.
I think, that because the pressure was taken away, we enjoyed each other much more, liked each other more, and ultimately were intimate.
Even now, they are still friends. We chat regularly, and even meet up for  a bit of 'counselling' now and then.
I benefit by having great long term relationships, albeit these days without the sex! (Well mostly)

# 39  15/09/2013 13:17

lol you are grown adults discuss with the guy you are going on the date with. i personally do what I feel like doing

# 40  15/09/2013 22:04

elena83639 wrote:

To be or not to be, that is the question.
I think it's wrong but sometimes we can't control ourselves and make mistakes.It's better to feel sorry for what we've done than what we hadn't done.

very true, and sometimes it happens, lots of relationships start that way, and are successful.......

# 41  16/09/2013 14:00

It can be a problem only if it isn't consentual. Sometimes, there's an instant mutual spark, even among two people who usually take it slow. Next moment you know you can't keep your hands off each other lol. Neither is "worse" than the other, it just happens differently for different combinations of people and circumstances.

# 42  17/12/2013 12:25

My straight ahead answer is 10 days. Exactly 1/3 of a month (any) month. My energetic answer is if you have the energy to satisfy your lady friend and she is all for you and your nether wilderness to chariot her to ecstasies beyond description by all means go for it. It ultimately depends on you her the circumstances are all at play but my steadfast advice is wait let the juices stew so to speak. Ha live it up or otherwise we are all a work of excuisite art so enjoy hahahaahah

# 43  07/01/2014 11:16

Sex on first date ends in diaster.  Experience talking we were attracted to one another, but never had a chance to actually see the person, the sex part clouded our vision.

# 44  10/01/2014 06:07

There is no such thing how much time before sex.  The relationships are either 1) Casual relation for friendship and sex and in this case it really doesn't matter if it happens the first day or second, etc. and 2) Serious relation to lead to marriage and in this case, no sexual relation should be encountered before message.

# 45  12/01/2014 14:40

if you need to ask..........don't!!!    Every new encounter is different? if like minded adults like the idea of sex and a cuddle then good on them. Some gals and definitely some guys need a little longer to be sure they even want to swap bodily fluids! not a subject I have ever had reason to worry about. Sometimes its natural and most times its inappropriate......Its not just the ladys who have to worry about it though...Mens minds, in my experience can be just as tentative as the ladys in the same position? Go with the moment and learn not to regret it or feel dirty or used........it takes two?

# 46  13/01/2014 01:34

Honestly, go with your heart. If the feeling is mutual then go for it. What truely hurts is when false expectations are set. What do you want? Do you want that long lasting partner? Talk about it and have a real intimate conversation. Also there is nothing wrong with a once and a while shag. Just be up front and honest about your expectation from the person you decide to be intimate with and make sure that they are on the same page.

# 47  17/01/2014 09:01

harsh219273 wrote:

readytogo1200 wrote:

I was only married once. We had sex within a few hours of our initial meeting. Sex was great for the next 20 years until her demise due to health issues. Why hold out? Having sexual relations is human nature.

you are true why hold out

# 48  19/02/2014 05:15

There is no ideal set amount of time in such cases, however it depends on the individuals in relation; though ideally it should not be on the first date - the third or at the most the second date should be okay!!

# 49  19/02/2014 05:22

dev_k29868 wrote:

Sansher wrote:

rural55 wrote:

I think it's kind of rude to fall asleep on the first date. I make every effort to stay awake.

LOL good humor!

No Dating Experiance

Appreciation!!! Appreciation is the key to happy social life!

# 50  23/02/2014 19:29

amysjourney wrote:

Every situation will be different and every person is different.  However, with that said, don't deny your sexuality/sexual hunger.  If you are hungry, eat!  Does it make you cheap/trashy - no, it means you know what you want and you go for it ( assuming you are of clear and sound mind).  No games, no BS, just natural tendency.  Some people think that the 'wait' builds the suspense, while it can - it's not always the case...To each their own I say    

Don't be afraid to discover, and go for, what YOU want.