Already a Member?

Sleeping together on the first date

# 1  05/10/2011 14:42

QUESTION FOR MEN!   Does sleeping together on the first date ruin any chance it will develop into a serious relationship?
Guy meets girl. Guy likes girl. (Or maybe guy doesn’t even know her that well and merely thinks girl is kind of hot). No matter what the circumstances, the next step is pretty much always a given: Guy tries to have sex with girl.
What, in your mind, is an appropriate amount of time for two people to be dating before sleeping together?

Give kudos

# 2  05/10/2011 17:11

I'm not sure there's a set amount of time.  Chemistry is chemistry, if it's there it's there, if it's not it's not.  I hate playing the head games people try to tell you to play.  1. Don't try to kiss her on the first date. 2. Wait 3 days before calling.  etc.  I'm not usually one to sleep with someone on a first date, but I wouldn't say I would rule it out either if things really progressed that far that quickly.  I'd say your lucky if they do.  That's called skipping all the bs. lol

# 3  08/10/2011 23:28

No one can judge or say what 2 consenting adults will or won't do..on the first date.  I've had the misfortune to go there and not have him stick around but I've also asked to wait and he hasn't stuck around so what's to say is the standard.  I do believe that if you want to wait then stick to your guns about it - at least 3 or 4 dates cause you REALLY don't know.  He may just be in it for the sex and moving on...but at least he should be honest and say that - at least u know what you're getting into. Best of luck!

# 4  13/10/2011 02:12

What, in your mind, is an appropriate amount of time for two people to be dating before sleeping together?

I was only married once. We had sex within a few hours of our initial meeting. Sex was great for the next 20 years until her demise due to health issues. Why hold out? Having sexual relations is human nature.

# 5  24/11/2011 09:26

I think sex on a first date is fiction because it never happened to me

# 6  02/12/2011 06:46

You my dear are still a virgin so it sounds like you want that excitement. For me the appropriate time is about 2 seconds if I like her. To not do it would be a travesty to the emotions I feel. Don't kill your emotions or they will kill you. Just be safe about it. Condoms break so protect yourself with the Girly side of things.

# 7  09/02/2012 10:45

Worried he won't respect you in the morning? Of all the dates I've had, the ones that turned into relationships were when we had sexual relations on the first date.(not neccesarily full intercourse) If that didn't happen on the first date, we were probably not that compatible. But we often spent several more dates trying to make something happen that wasn't there.

If a guy just wants a one night stand, if you say no you will not see him again anyway. What's the big deal? Just have the sex and enjoy!

# 8  09/02/2012 14:00

amysjourney wrote:

QUESTION FOR MEN!   Does sleeping together on the first date ruin any chance it will develop into a serious relationship?
Guy meets girl. Guy likes girl. (Or maybe guy doesn’t even know her that well and merely thinks girl is kind of hot). No matter what the circumstances, the next step is pretty much always a given: Guy tries to have sex with girl.

1 week is enough to understand if the guy is good enough....unless he is the irresistable type (never happened to me though)

# 9  10/02/2012 19:56

First date??     ... gulp

.... while very openminded sexually and a confident person  .... i think that sex is sooooo much better with a long term partner ... so for that reason alone i have no wish to share either my body or my sexual mind with anyone who isnt going to be that partner... and Im dreading the whole process of dating to find out you just dont match anyway..

so my answer is no i wouldnt, i will wait about 2 years lolss

# 10  08/05/2012 22:51

Hey Amy,

I would tend to think around 7hrs of full conversing, hanging out, quality time but to put a time on something like that?.. You cant really do.
It all comes down to the chemistry between you two.
Having sex on the first date would not be out of the question, however deciding not to would enhance the flirting and all round dating experiences.
Personally, I think that the sex would be far more smashing if it were prolonged past the first date.

Mike.

# 11  23/05/2012 11:52

I think it's kind of rude to fall asleep on the first date. I make every effort to stay awake.

# 12  28/05/2012 15:35

rural55 wrote:

I think it's kind of rude to fall asleep on the first date. I make every effort to stay awake.

LOL good humor!

# 13  30/05/2012 03:42

Sansher wrote:

rural55 wrote:

LOL good humor!

No Dating Experiance

# 14  26/08/2012 11:15

Man, that question is hard to "lump in" together with all the different variables. I would consider other things too. How long ago did you meet, How often/long have you been talking back and forth? What are both of your ideas about kissing, and going farther in future? Are you both in it for companionship, sex, or just good company on a night on the town? How did you meet? You should both decide over the course of the 1st date on that. If you dont "click," definantely not. Just play it by ear, and if it feels right between both of you, do it. There is no hard and fast rule as there are too many different things to consider. You both might be shy, outgoing, reserved, drunk, ect.. Or, you both might be complete opposites. Only you 2 will be able to feel whether it's ok in your situation. Is it ok, yes. Should you, maybe.

# 15  05/09/2012 15:16

I did it on first date in the car on two different dates. I didn,t expected even on first sexident.
I think I,m bit more lucky.

# 16  09/09/2012 00:59

Sounds like you all believe in lust at first sight. That's perfect  if you are in it for the short term.

# 17  09/08/2012 16:49

I may be just old fashioned, call it manors what ever i would not go all the way on a first date, i like to get to know a person before giving or getting everything from the sweet shop. Trust and respect are all things that have to be eurned, and that can only happen over time.

# 18  16/08/2012 21:46

amysjourney wrote:

I personally would try and avoid sex on a first date, as I lose all respect for the girl, even if the chemisty is great. The fun in dating is the chase, and the flirting. If you achieve almost everything on the first night, were is the suprise and fun going forward??

Dean.

# 19  29/08/2012 14:09

dont  buy the idea..but it all depend on how interesting he is.. lets see how it goes..[Contact details are not allowed, sorry. SiteModerator]

# 20  03/09/2012 13:07

dmw9255 wrote:

amysjourney wrote:

I personally would try and avoid sex on a first date, as I lose all respect for the girl, even if the chemisty is great. The fun in dating is the chase, and the flirting. If you achieve almost everything on the first night, were is the suprise and fun going forward??

Dean.

whats the difference 1st or 2 3 date its not going to  change.................... it feels the same  theres no respect lost on the person saves beating around the bush and ive found out most females have 2-3 guy on the run  and dont want to spend that time to get to know you  if you dont try something they think your not interested if you do you .......iam not that type of girl  you carnt win its a lottory out there money any what profession seems to work no problem

# 21  03/09/2012 17:29

I have to be honest, of the first dates that have led to sex, I have found that I have rapidly lost intrest in the woman. Not because they had sex on a first date, heck us men love that bit, the idea of being with a sex bomb...... no it was other issues like them being needy and clingy, or over demanding, one was just a drunk. So maybe the fact that a woman has sex on a first date sends a subconcious message out?

# 22  08/09/2012 06:58

WOW!!!!

Asif people dont know that sleeping together immediately is not a mistake lol.

WTF? ha ha. Gimme a break

For me.....no way

That is what is called F*****G.

Pretend u know each other on the first nite as much as you like, but u have just done the most intimate thing possible with someone you dont know yet lol.

And tis not "old school" or any other crap lol, have been the same all my life.

Sex for me is something extraordinary, something special. Tis a special sharing of myself. I got friends who Fk one woman after another, and guess what? its a "special connection" every time lol..........yeh rite!!!

And what is the one of the hottest things on the planet?

ANTICIPATION

And how long should u wait? There is no set time......when u both know each other intimately, and can wait no longer ha ha

# 23  13/10/2012 21:59

To be or not to be, that is the question.
I think it's wrong but sometimes we can't control ourselves and make mistakes.It's better to feel sorry for what we've done than what we hadn't done.

# 24  21/11/2012 20:11

Maddison1 wrote:

First date??     ... gulp

.... while very openminded sexually and a confident person  .... i think that sex is sooooo much better with a long term partner ... so for that reason alone i have no wish to share either my body or my sexual mind with anyone who isnt going to be that partner... and Im dreading the whole process of dating to find out you just dont match anyway..

so my answer is no i wouldnt, i will wait about 2 years lolss

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Will you marry me?   

# 25  22/11/2012 09:27

First date. Why drag your feet. Who need a date.

My first son was made in a bus -shed 2 hours after I met his mother at a marked. It lasted 7 years.
Then the Ferrari-dude withe the 'tude apeared from nowhere.

My Next one. The princess in the middle is 12. I met her mother almost 18 years ago. Had to curt her for 5 months before she gave it up. Lasted 17 years.

So.     

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Each month you wait. You gain 2 years.