Already a Member?

Can you change someone to make a relationship work?

# 1  17/04/2013 08:52

I don't ever want to try to change anyone, but I anticipate that they will grow and change themselves - one direction or another. Hopefully all growth and change is for the better and that two people can grow together and not apart. Nobody is static and I think that we just have to love people for exactly who they are and all of their flaws.   

I think it's ok for people to hope that people may change one thing or another about themselves, but I don't think that we should try to change them at all.

Give kudos

# 2  17/04/2013 11:24

If you meet someone and fall in love with them, what is there to change? You fell in love with them so whatever they were doing was right enough for you to fall in love with them.

# 3  18/04/2013 00:09

you may want to change someone who say steals........but i would not try.[lose them]..................if it was little things,you could............it may be they dont relize its not nice...not cool...silly..puts people off.........but what people are,, they are..,,the trouble is the closer you get,,,,the more you uncover..[sometimes for the better].................its up to you,,,what you can except..

# 4  20/04/2013 13:03

And no you can't change someone you accept them for who they are, isn't that why you fell in love with them to begin with?

# 5  25/04/2013 00:09

you cant change guys,,much.............what you see is what you get..............you might have had magic once..but the faults will come througth....true love is ..loveing them with thier faults...............................best hope to guide them away..but long term its up to you ......................           
i have never met a lady with a fault...............but i am a polite guy....lol

# 6  27/04/2013 13:43

My list is pretty simple, respect and honesty would have to be the top two. Treat people the way you wanted to be treated.

# 7  29/04/2013 02:00

you cant change people.........they are what they are,,,,,,,,,,good,,, bad...smart or dumb..............only time..can slowly change people,,,,,such as,,,,,,,,improvements in their situation,,,,,,job,winning the lottery..........maybe haveing a baby....[only in a few]
if you like them why change them,,,,,,,,,they are not dolls..for you to mould.....

# 8  23/06/2013 23:55

Nup.

# 9  04/10/2013 18:19

guys do change when they commit to relationship if they are young.especialy...but thats takeing responsibility for there
new life ahead..........................