Already a Member?

Can You Love Someone Without Having Met Them

# 26  16/06/2012 12:26

sweets48 wrote:

It curious that the guys are saying yes while the women are saying no!  hmmmm

i bet the're women who also can say yes

# 27  21/06/2012 13:40

No, you cannot or shouldn't... from very personal and painful experience I can say that it is a huge risk to fall in love with someone you haven't met. My advice is to chat to the person on Skype/video to get a better feel for the chemistry and of course there is no substitute for actually meeting... Be careful people.. scammers galore.

# 28  23/07/2012 22:42

I guess there is no way. It could be sympathy, concern, some type of affection even, but not real love.

# 29  26/07/2012 12:12

Yes, it is perfectly possible to think you have fallen in love and I have, on another site, had my breath taken away at the speed with which a man declared that he loved me without us having met.
He seemed the complete opposite of me, something I find very attractive, but I am neither desperate nor needy, I have a great job and all the money I need so was not looking for a man to 'support' me.
I checked him out thoroughly, he's a serving officer in the Met Police, and the photos of him in uniform supported his name rank and the type of work he did.  I researched on the internet and came up with some questions when speaking on the phone which only an armed officer in the force would know, and he answered them all instantly and correctly but was a bit miffed that I doubted him. I rang a friend in the Met to check on his photo which I e-mailed and everything was in order and pic was taken in the past week which you could tell from the background.
We met at London Waterloo station and he was all he said he was and better looking although the photo had been a good one.  I've also seen him in uniform, just before his duty.  He is besotted with me and stunned that we could feel so strongly before even meeting, but I think that our meeting was a fluke and it doesn't haoppen often, not the real deal at least, as ours is.  he asked me to marry him before we met and again on our first meeting where he brought a bottle of Krug to the station and after our first kiss and me accepting his proposal, opened the bottle and it sprayed in the air, people clapped, got out their mobiles to photograph us and he offered champagne to people nearby.  Magical moments.

# 30  27/07/2012 08:12

Personally, I think its possible to be in lust with someone over the net, but not in love.

Emotionally, yes one can make a connection on line and care about that person with a valid sincere care.

However I personally dont see how its possible to love someone that one has never met.

Never seen the way they walk or talk or even chew their food.

Never having seen how they react to situations..

Never having seen any bad habits that may be annoying.

Its possible some people may think that caring about someone is love, and they're not wrong per say..cause there are so many different levels of love. There also are  fine line's between love,lust and care.

# 31  30/08/2012 14:06

Quello wrote:

Yes, it is perfectly possible to think you have fallen in love and I have, on another site, had my breath taken away at the speed with which a man declared that he loved me without us having met.
He seemed the complete opposite of me, something I find very attractive, but I am neither desperate nor needy, I have a great job and all the money I need so was not looking for a man to 'support' me.
I checked him out thoroughly, he's a serving officer in the Met Police, and the photos of him in uniform supported his name rank and the type of work he did.  I researched on the internet and came up with some questions when speaking on the phone which only an armed officer in the force would know, and he answered them all instantly and correctly but was a bit miffed that I doubted him. I rang a friend in the Met to check on his photo which I e-mailed and everything was in order and pic was taken in the past week which you could tell from the background.
We met at London Waterloo station and he was all he said he was and better looking although the photo had been a good one.  I've also seen him in uniform, just before his duty.  He is besotted with me and stunned that we could feel so strongly before even meeting, but I think that our meeting was a fluke and it doesn't haoppen often, not the real deal at least, as ours is.  he asked me to marry him before we met and again on our first meeting where he brought a bottle of Krug to the station and after our first kiss and me accepting his proposal, opened the bottle and it sprayed in the air, people clapped, got out their mobiles to photograph us and he offered champagne to people nearby.  Magical moments.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So, are you engaged and if so, why are you still on this site?

# 32  30/08/2012 21:38

no i dont think it is u cud meet n think yuk lol

# 33  12/09/2012 23:08

andy_33731 wrote:

sweets48 wrote:

It curious that the guys are saying yes while the women are saying no!  hmmmm

i bet the're women who also can say yes

Yes, but there are also definitely men who say no - me for one!  I think the lady who said you were only in love with your projected image of your own wishes and desires, had it right.  I just don't think you can love somebody you have not met in person.

# 34  12/09/2012 23:10

emma64 wrote:

Personally, I think its possible to be in lust with someone over the net, but not in love.

Emotionally, yes one can make a connection on line and care about that person with a valid sincere care.

However I personally dont see how its possible to love someone that one has never met.

Never seen the way they walk or talk or even chew their food.

Never having seen how they react to situations..

Never having seen any bad habits that may be annoying.

Its possible some people may think that caring about someone is love, and they're not wrong per say..cause there are so many different levels of love. There also are  fine line's between love,lust and care.

I agree 100%

# 35  15/10/2012 20:52

You can feel love as in what you desire you feel but when you meet it could be very different and absolutely the opposite to what you thought. I think that allot of people create a perfect world in their head about someone before meeting them and this makes people feel in love with their own desires.

True and real love is what you feel when you hold your partners hand. When you long to lay beside them, their smell, their warmth, their sensuality and so on. You cant feel this in cyber world.

# 36  17/11/2012 00:03

Yes

# 37  29/11/2012 12:40

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So, are you engaged and if so, why are you still on this site?

[End Quote]

Profile says divorced. Cant have been that real.

You can 'love' someone over the internet, but you never really know the person until you meet them. Theres a lot to be said about physically meeting the person, seeing that chemistry you can only get face to face, and all those niggly little personality and habit things. Whilst online you can be the perfect person, but it doesnt mean its the real you.

In short. Yes you can, but its not real love. Its love with an illusion. You would be better off with a mail order spouse

# 38  29/11/2012 21:43

Boys become confused between lust and love - we all know where their brains are in matters of the heart.  But girls?  Well, they are a beautiful enigma that stimulates the brain

# 39  02/12/2012 13:29

You're definitely NOT wrong w_won - good for you.

# 40  03/12/2012 05:48

No No No, you need a physical attraction, a strange thing words and pictures do not allow that chemistry to help attract people together, Its only when you meet that you can judge if a relationship can proceed or not. My experience is the sooner the better.

# 41  03/12/2012 11:56

How true brother, You've got to meet to see if the chemistry is there. Pictures and letters don't work. Believe me, I've tried.

# 42  08/12/2012 17:04

dhanr4677 wrote:

myheartgoesboom wrote:

This is just a question im having a problem with. Does anyone think its possible to love someone without having met them? only talked on the internet  every night and phone every weekend. All opionions welcome.........

I believe the answer could be possibly yes ,i say this because we all probably build up a picture fo someone in our mind ,when we are on line we are not in phyical contact with them 24-7 we don't know how they look in the morning ,what they smell like ,what habits they have that we might find difficult to live with,.when on line we have time to think before we respond ,we can be or sound how we want some one to see us ,I have a quote that i really like and like to believe i live by .being honest won't make you loads of friends but it can make you the right ones.
Jasper.

# 43  09/12/2012 14:55

Well, anything is possible, but I don't think any commitments over the internet are possible. Yes, you can create a strong bond by just conversing, but should it be taken further or not is a little more difficult to answer. I would always suggest getting to know someone in person on a daily basis before committing.

# 44  15/01/2013 21:42

from personal experience it can happen yes, i wa on another site talking when we decide to swap numbers we spoke evrynite on phone or skype and txt during days he said i was evrything he wanted and more. told me he loved me in 5 weeks. he loved me.he was bessotted with me  its surprising how much you can get to know a person before actually meeting them but it doesnt always work out.

# 45  05/09/2013 14:20

I have a friend of mine who met somebody through the web, they falled in love and now they have a happy marriage I don't find something wrong with it and it can happen to anybody

# 46  28/11/2013 09:10

dhanr4677 wrote:

myheartgoesboom wrote:

This is just a question im having a problem with. Does anyone think its possible to love someone without having met them? only talked on the internet  every night and phone every weekend. All opionions welcome.........

i think you can,i just loved her vioce,the way she spoke,her vioce is the key,if you didnt like her vioce it might be differant.

# 47  06/01/2014 10:26

No. You fall in love with the fantasy, the idealised version of a person. It's not real. It's more falling in love with the idea of being in love.

# 48  11/01/2014 19:20

myheartgoesboom wrote:

It's absolutely possible to love without meeting him now.  Depends on how deep feelings are in each individual person!  As long as you do meet him after all these discussions and conversations to prove he is real!!!! Good Luck!

# 49  25/01/2014 17:23

blueyez63 wrote:

This is a post of beware, i have been chatting with a person who claims hes in the military stationed in Africa, i heard his voice for the first time today....he is not an american! If your chatting with someone in the military, make sure you know who your talking to. Google their name, look for any other sites they are involved with. I have also found that MSNBC did a story on online scammers from Nigeria, they are in abundance on these dating sites looking for women to scam.
Please BEWARE ladies!!!

oh yes there are a lot of them out there,I had one he was good but then he said something that did
not seem the same so I checked him out , Scammer go to Romance Scammers, shows pics of them all

# 50  28/02/2014 04:56

yes if you's already talked, email, chat. possibily yes.